Home Toxic Home

In Glogpedia

by limt6170
Last updated 7 years ago

Discipline:
Science
Subject:
Chemical Elements

Toggle fullscreen Print glog
Home Toxic Home

HOME SWEET HOME

MERCURY

EFFECTS OF MERCURY

Mercury is a toxic metal.It is a silver-white coloured liquid and also highly toxic.Mercury is also a good heat conductor

- Limiting your consumption of fish- Avoid purchasing products that include mercury - Dispose of mercury contained products to a hazardous waste facility- Ask doctors if you are exposed to mercury- Make sure that your medicine is mercury free

Mercury can cause damage in the brain, lungs, skin, kidneys and eyes. It prevents your brain and nervous system from developing properly. It can also give you neurological brain damage.Mercury enters the air, land and water from power plants, treatment plants and when we throw mercury products down the drain or in the trash. It pollutes the air and water. The fish in the water get polluted, and when we eat the fish, we also get exposed to mercury.

HOW TO REDUCE YOUR EXPOSURE

TOXIC

WHERE IS IT FOUND?

- thermometers - oil-based paints- batteries- dental fillings- skin-lightening products- pharmaceticals


Comments

    There are no comments for this Glog.