Helium

In Glogpedia

by hannahmartina
Last updated 4 years ago

Discipline:
Science
Subject:
Chemical Elements

Toggle fullscreen Print glog
Helium

Helium

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The atomic number of helium is 2, meaning each atom of helium has two protons.

Helium has the lowest melting point and boiling point of the elements, so it only exists as a gas except under extreme conditions.

Helium is the second-lightest element.

Helium is the second-most abundant element in the universe, though it is much less common on Earth.

Most helium is obtained by extracting it from natural gas.

Inhaling helium temporarily changes the sound of a person's voice. Though helium is non-toxic, breathing it can result in asphyxiation due to oxygen deprivation.

Evidence of helium's existence came from observation of a yellow spectral line from the sun.

We all have come across helium filled gas balloons; this is because helium is lighter than air and hence it is used to fill balloons.

Helium is the second-least reactive noble gas (after neon).

Helium also forms an important part of the Sun. It accounts for 25 per cent part of Sun, with Hydrogen accounting for the remaining 75 per cent.


Comments

    There are no comments for this Glog.