franklinville

by mrsswanger
Last updated 12 years ago

Discipline:
No category
Subject:
No topic

Toggle fullscreen Print glog
franklinville

Franklinville School House

The one-room school house was open as a public school from1858 to 1916 and opened again as a private school in the1920s. The Historical Society of Whitpain took over the building in 1983 and currently the schoolhouse is open as the museum of early American Education.The Franklinville School closed in 1916.

In the late 1920's ,Ralph Beaver Strassburger, owner of Normandy Farms, bought a building repaired it and opened it again as a private school for his son Peter, and the children of the employees of his large farm.

Ralph Beaver Strassburger also used the grounds and schoolhouse for picnics for members of the fifty year club of Montgomery County.

When

Now the Franklinville School House is used as a museum.

How

Who

Historical Society of Whitpain Home. Web. 26 Jan. 2010.<http://www.histsocwhitpain.org>.

BY:Alexis Logan Julia Juliana


Comments

    There are no comments for this Glog.