The Wilson Reading System (WRS) is the foundation of all other Wilson programs. Based on Orton-Gillingham principles, WRS is a highly-structured reading program that directly teaches the structure of the language to students and adults. It is a multisensory language program.
WILSON READING SYSTEM: WHAT IT IS AND WHO IT'S FOR
This page is for schools, students, or families who are receiving direct instruction from a K12 licensed Wilson instructor.
* Provides a systematic and cumulative approach to teach total word structure for decoding and encoding.
* Follows a ten-part lesson plan that addresses decoding, encoding,oral reading fluency, and comprehension in a sensible and logical fashion.
* Uses criterion-based assessments built into the program to measure student progress and success.
* Is a comprehensive program that can follow students from grade to grade.
This is a Prezi that will explain how to make your sound board. It explains what materials you need and how to fix the letters.
In the attachments you will find:
1) Letter templates
2) Student dictation sheet
3) Repeated reading graph
4) Student notebook of sounds and letters.