A QR (quick response) code is a 2 dimensional bar code.
A QR code can be scanned by mobile devices with a camera and a QR reader (application) installed.
A QR code, when scanned links to a website, video, image, or information.
Ideas for using QRs in the Classroom:
* Use with books to link to book reviews, author websites, and more information to enhance the content.
* Add to student projects and artwork.
* Add to maps and globes.
* Add to worksheet and handouts to link to explanations and resources.
* Make field trips more interactive and informative.
* Create a scavenger hunt for information.
* Add to school or classroom newsletters to link to more information.
Are they for the classroom?
Download a QR reader application to your SmartPhone or tablet:
i-Pad or i-Phone: Go to the App Store and download Scan.
Android: Go to Android Market and download QR Droid or Barcode Scanner.
2. Open the application and either it will automatically activate your device’s camera or you can choose to scan with the camera.
3. Align the QR code image in your camera’s window.
Can I create a QR?
How do I use them?
What is a
By Karen Ogen