LED lights with copper, zinc and potatoes!
Edible Layers of Earth!
Air Rockets! Newton's Laws!
Roller Coasters! Kinetic, potential energy!
Hot Air Balloons!
Dissecting Cow Eyes!
Cell in a Bag
Rubberband Rockets Page 14
Laws of Motion Testing Device
Ice Cream in a Bag
Hanger Rubberband Catapult
Strange Instruments Straws, Balloons, Cups and Strings
Future ideas-Candles, Stenciled T-Shirts, conductive thread in fabrics with LEDs, instructables.com, plastic wrap/masking tape art,
Wine Glass Painting
Mentos and Soda
Toys from Trash
Solenoids--wrap copper wire around straw leaving ends long enough to connect to battery--open up a paper clip--place halfway into solenoid--when battery is connected a magnetic field is created
Naked Egg Drop
Each class divides into teams as designated by the teacher. Each team receives 6 sheets of regular 8 1/2 by 11 inch typing paper (20-22 lb) and 100 cm of masking tape. The team is to make a landing structure that is free standing (important because they cannot hold it) that will protect a raw egg when dropped from a height specified by the team. This height is measured from the ground to the top of their egg. Team score is based the height of the drop.
Class score is the average of all team scores.
SPECIFICS OF THE COMPETITION
1. A Grade A medium raw chicken egg will be provided.
2. No material can be added to the egg. Any crack, fracture or chip in the egg will be considered a break.
3. A team member will drop the egg from any height they choose. Teams will be allowed a maximum of 3 drops. Best drop counts for score.
4. The landing structures designed to catch the egg must conform to the following criteria:
a. 6 sheets of regular 8 1/2 by 11 inch typing paper (20-22 lb) and
b.100 cm of masking tape.
c. Free standing
5. Eggs will be dropped from a safe structure designed by the school from the height designated by the team. The landing structure is placed below on the floor consisting of cement stepping stones, standard cement floor slab covered by tile, or similar not compliant floor/ground structure. The teams landing structure may be moved slightly between drops to obtain the best dropping position.
6. The height of the landing structure will be a measurement of its highest point on the landing structure. If a landing structure has a lip or wall around the outside that will be considered as structure height. The height of the drop will be measured from the top of the egg when dropped.
Polymers--putty made with glue and borax in plastic sandwich bags.
Dry Ice--Carbon dioxide. Plants must have for photosynthesis. Waste product of respiration. Greenhouse gas. Heavier than air. Sublimation. Expansion of gas from solid.