7 Skill Goals
K & 5th
K, 1st, 3rd, & 5th
Safe Side Super Chick
The counselor sees classes on a regular basis to teach lessons based on the seven skill goals listed below. Topics are chosen by the needs of our campus.
1. Self-Confidence Development- value their uniqueness and manage their feelings
2. Motivation to Achieve - develop their academic potential and identify career opportunities
3. Decision Making/ Goal Setting / Problem Solving - manage change and make good decisions
4. Interpersonal Effectiveness - respect others and develop healthy friendships
5. Communication Skills - express themselves appropriately and listen to others
6. Cross Cultural Effectiveness - appreciate their own culture, be respectful of other cultures, and appreciate differences
7. Responsible Behavior - accept responsibility for their actions and be self-disciplined
Counseling sessions, individual or group, happen during the school day and the sessions are approximately 30 minutes each.