Great Discussion - What are the benefits of treating everyone with fairness & respect?
Classroom Guidance News:
The Sneetches are creatures who are divided - some have stars on their bellies, and some do not. The Sneetches who do not get treated differently because they do not have a star. The Sneetches focus on how senseless and unfair prejudice can be. The Sneetches figure out that it's what's on the inside, not what's on the outside. that counts! In our discussion we will focus on celebrating differences in individuals, and understand what respect for all people means.
Leaders Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood
Mrs. Privette's 3rd Grade Guidance Newsletter
My contact info:
Don't forget to check out the WKE Guidance Web Page for more resources. You can find it listed as Guidance under the Faculty & Staff Tab on the WKE website.
New groups will be starting again in January, please let me know if you would like your child to be in one of these groups.
Banana Splits – Understanding Divorce
Chill Club – Controlling Anger
Hugs – Understanding Grief
Study Skills – Skills to Improve Grades
Rocky Road – Improving Friendship Skills
Starz – Building Self-Confidence.
Stress Recess – Mangaging Stress
Classroom Guidance Schedule:
November 28 - Hall
November 28 - Bussell
November 29 - Wayne
November 30 - Izard
December 1 - Fulmer
December 2 - Paetow
Dr. Seuss presents:
Tip of the Month:
1) Remove distractions - Do homework in a quiet place.
2) Establish a routine - Set a specific homework time.
3) Prioritize - Help your child plan his studying so that projects are not left until the last minute.
4) Check understanding - Be sure your child understands new assignments before he or she starts working on them.
5) Guide, but don't correct.
6) Get organized for tomorrow.
7) Keep in touch with the teacher!