Go Green Initiative Earth Day Contest
Glogster a.s., a company duly incorporated under the laws of Czech Republic, with its principal place of business at the city of Prague, with its principal place of business at Prague 1, Nove Mesto, Vodickova 704/36, enrolled with the Commercial Registry of Municipal Court in Prague under number B.12629, is the "Host" of this contest, in that it develops, manages, monitors, and hosts the contest. Glogster EDU runs a contest on its site whereby its registered users can create online posters – Glogs – using text, videos, photos, music, and more. The Glogs are created using brand elements of a Sponsor or advertiser (hereafter referred to as "Sponsor"). This contest is open to global entrants, however it is VOID where prohibited by law. Laws for various countries and states within the United States vary. It is up to the contestant to understand the laws of contest entry in their specific location of residence before joining this contest. Students under 13 years old must have permission from either their teacher, parent, or legal guardian to register for Glogster EDU and participate in this contest and any other contests hosted by Glogster a.s. at http://edu.glogster.com or its other online properties.
The Contest shall commence March 23, 2012 and shall continue until 11:59 pm EST US on April 30, 2012. All entries must be received by the deadline in order to be eligible to win a prize. All entrants must register on Glogster EDU at this address http://edu.glogster.com/register to be eligible to enter and/or win.
100 students with outstanding entries will win the following:
- 4 students - $500 cash prize for juniors or seniors in high school who intend to pursue higher education courses in sustainability, furnished by Elmwood Cafe in Berkeley, CA
- 5 students - $100 cash prize for students in any grade level, sponsored by Safeway, Inc.
- 1 student – A FlipCam & the book Going Blue, co-written by Philippe Cousteau, furnished by EarthEcho International
- 60 students - The Discovery Channel DVD Oceanic, furnished by Gaiam
- 30 students – The Discovery Channel DVD Amazing Earth, furnished by Gaiam
- 4 classrooms with numerous outstanding entries will win the following:
- 1 classroom - A full-service end-of-the-year BBQ hosted by Safeway, Inc., O Organics, Open Nature, & Bright Green
- 1 classroom - A 30 pack of Action Wipes for each student & teacher in the class
- 1 classroom - An official Go Green Initiative t-shirt & mug for each student & teacher in the class
- 1 classroom - A stainless steel water bottle from DrinkUp for each student & teacher in the class
27 schools with numerous outstanding entries will win the following:
- 1 school - An organic garden supplied & built by Safeway, Inc.
- 1 school - Wells Fargo will provide one winning elementary school with a visit from the official Wells Fargo stagecoach and horses! Students will get to take a ride in the stagecoach, local conditions permitting.
- 25 schools - A DVD of the movie Freedom by Sundance Film Festival Award Winners Josh and Rebecca Tickell
All federal, state, and local taxes associated with the receipt or use of any prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner. No more than one grand prize will be awarded or may be won by any one entrant of the contest. Prizes returned as undeliverable or otherwise not claimed within 30 days after delivery of notification will be forfeited and awarded to another alternate winner. Prizes are not transferable. No substitutions or exchanges of any prizes will be permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. Limit one prize per household and all prizes are awarded as is. Please allow up to 90 days for your prize to be delivered.
- 10 points - Did you identify the source of your water, food and/or energy? How far does it travel to get to your community?
- 10 points - Did you show the steps that your water, food and/or energy must take to travel from the source to you?
- 10 points - Did you demonstrate what is green and/or sustainable about the system(s) you studied, or the ways you think the system(s) could be improved?
- EXTRA points for evidence that you have taken the information you learned to an individual or organization in your community that can help make the water, food and/or energy system(s) more sustainable.
This contest is sponsored by the Go Green Initiative ("Sponsor"). The Sponsor and Glogster a.s. of this contest shall choose the winners from all entrants who have submitted an entry prior to deadline. Winners shall be chosen by Sponsor and Glogster a.s. at its sole discretion based upon which entries display the most original, authentic, and compelling submission. The decision thus made is final. Prize winners will be notified by email within 30 days after the deadline. To claim a prize, winners should follow directions provided in the notification email.
Use of Entries
All entries and materials submitted to Glogster a.s. ("Entry Materials") in connection with the contest, along with copyright, trademark, and other proprietary right associated therewith, become the property of Glogster EDU upon submission, including the right to use all text, music, voices, graphics, images, et al. as part of a Glog. You acknowledge that Host shall have the right to use, modify, reproduce, publish, perform, display, distribute, make derivative, works of and otherwise commercially exploit the Entry Materials in perpetuity and throughout the universe, in any manner or medium now existing or hereafter developed, without separate compensation to you or any other person or entity. You may not sell, or sublicense Entry Materials without the express written consent of Glogster a.s.
Original Work / Copyright
You hereby warrant and represent that (a) you own all rights to all Entry Materials submitted by you: and (b) all such entry material are original works of authorship, photography, music, images, et al. on your part and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any other work and do not violate, misappropriate or infringe any COPYRIGHT, trademark, or other proprietary right of any other person or entity.
By entering the Contest, you release Host, Sponsor, and any of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agencies from any liability whatsoever, and waive any and all causes of action, related to any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with the Contest or delivery, misdelivery, acceptance, possession, use of or inability to use any prize (including, without limitation, claims costs, injuries, losses, damages, related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light, whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory, to the extent permitted by law.
The Contest and all accompanying materials are the copyright of Glogster a.s. All rights reserved.
Glogster a.s. reserves the right to end a contest at any time if it finds that none of the entries to the contest are satisfactory.
The Contest and these Official Rules will be governed, construed and interpreted under the laws of the Czech Republic. Entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Glogster a.s. which are final and binding in all respects. Glogster a.s. reserves the right to change these Official Rules at any time, in its sole discretion, and to suspend or cancel the Contest or any entrant’s participation in the Contest should viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Glogster a.s.'s control affect the administration, security or proper play of the Contest or Glogster a.s. or Sponsor otherwise become incapable of running the Contest as planned. Entrants who violate these Official Rules, tamper with the operation the Contest or engage in any conduct that is detrimental or unfair to Host or Sponsor, the Contest or any other entrant, are subject to disqualification from entry into the contest.